WARNING! This Blog Contains; Personal Opinion, Parody, Humour, Satire, Sarcasm, Criticism, Incredulity, Contempt, Indignation and/or Expletives. It also Contains a Huge Number of Rather Surprising Facts About the Oddly Dysfunctional Nature of Harper Land.

CHECK BACK OFTEN ~ ALL POSTS are Updated As New Information Becomes Available.

September 28, 2009

We all Have Dreams


I often Dream and this morning I Dreamed about a Canada with a very frightening future. This did not seem familiar to me and before long I recognized it as not my own, but Stephen Harper's.


A Canada that had a future where Stephen Harper made all the rules. A future where the word 'criminal' had come to mean anyone who disagreed with Our Dear Leader. A future where the word 'Infrastructure' had come to mean 'American Style 'For-Profit' Prisons, bursting at the seams with Paying Customers  Some of them look ed as though they might be still only 14 It was packed to the rafters with prisoners, some of them having been caught selling pot or even seeds, some of them with no chance of  leaving, some of them now facing the Gallows.




A Canada in which Women struggled to regain lost Rights they had previously and very recently enjoyed. A Canada where women still worked for less, had no ownership of their own reproductive rights and were not safe in the streets or in their own homes.



A Canada in which firearms were revered and where nearly anyone could find a gun whenever they wanted one. Unlocked and Loaded, they seemed to be everywhere.


A Canada with a Degraded and Dangerous Environment, where smog alerts and Emphysema were the Norm. 
























A Canada scarred and brutalized by a Governement who had decided that clean water, clean air, good health and a stable climate was not as important as the Oil Economy.




A Canada in which all Canadians did not have equal rights and were not equally valued as Citizens. A Canada where Canadians had to fight their own Government to get their rights.

A Canada where many had to defend the Authenticity of their Papers, or be Restrained with strange Sci-fi Stun-guns for their 'own' protection.


When I finally woke up, I slowly realised that Istill live in a Canada where Stephen Harper had not yet been given the keys to the Cupboard. By that I mean, of course that he still has not been given his precious majority. There were I thought' "already a few cookies and some of the silver missing from said cupboard".


Smiling, I ate my breakfast and wated for the news of the Day to Roll in. I was Hoping to see if the Great mind of John Baird or the sharp wit of Jim flaherty or the huge number of Pictures of Our Great Leader, that I knew I would see could lull me back to sleep and back to that strange, frightening Dream.


But No! I am still wide awake, drinking a "Double-Double" and am in no hurry to Dream again. And I must say that I feel strangely refreshed, and hopeful even though I still have Zero Confidence in Stephen Harper's Dreams of Canada. I am hopeful that even if it is his dreams that come true instead of mine I will have done all that one insignificant man can do to wake this country.


My Dream for Canada is written down the Left side of this page. Personally I feel it is Much less nightmarish than the one above.

I know that the world is far from perfect but in a perfect world a man could get the things he really wanted, not only in Dreams but while living the hours between them. In a perfect world there would be no need of prisons, or guns.

Again, I reaslise that the world is far from perfect, but a man at least can still Dream.............


Don't let the hair fool ya. He's no "Einstein"


2 comments:

  1. To dream Stephen Harper's dream, is a scary thing indeed, you saw it for the nightmare it is though...yet he seems to have somehow co-opted the minds of just over a third of this country to see it his way.

    He provides no details in public though. No, we can only see those details if we dream with him,or, analyze them from a distance...which through the test of time proves far more accurate.

    Oh, I know you didn't fall for it. You just articulated it well.

    The problem is of course, that his story isn't being told accurately.

    The why of that is still unknown to me...but I love mysteries.

    A conspiracy theorist I am not. A realist though I am and I think that the media has become so driven to sell and so slight of resources, that it facilitates their apparent desire to stalk the dumb of the nation.

    I know some of these people, media, so I am hard pressed to slag them. They are in a tough spot...still, they do us no favours at the moment imo.

    How do we change this? Well, I think we are in the midst of seeing that happen. The timing may not be to our liking, but their relevance is dependent on us.

    Something has to give...it always does.

    Why?

    Because we hold the key. It's finding the door and lock that it fit's that is important.

    LibArtsAndMinds

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the lifeblood of a successful blog. Please feel free to comment, whether or not you are in agreement with the opinions expressed.